Skip to main content

My Shea Moisture Curls!

So lets talk hair ladies! I was like 7 years old, when my mother first relaxed my hair.  Throughout my teenage years and adulthood I continued to do so every 4-6 months until about two years ago.  My hair was beyond damaged from the relaxer, heat and strong chemicals I was using. It wasn't growing and I clearly needed to make a change.  

I decided to stop relaxing my hair, reduce the amount of heat and change all the products I had been using for years. All in hopes to revitalize my natural curls. The transition has not been easy.  I didn't have the courage to do the big chop and had to deal with the challenges of handling my hair in transition. Crazy extra curly roots, wavy center and straight brittle ends. The absolute worst! When I would straighten my hair, it would get  frizzy and turn it to a puff ball with the slightest level of humidity. It wouldn't really curl either, so you ladies can imagine how real my struggle was.

Its taken two years for my curls to come back to life and for my hair to finally be on the healthier side. It’s also been a pricey journey trying to figure out what products really work  for my hair. I wanted to avoid harsh chemical, heat and anything that would make my curls dry or crunchy. Nothing that I was trying was really a good fit.

I had read on a few hair blogs great things about Shea Moisture  and on one of my many trips to Ulta Beauty I decided to buy their Coconut& Hibiscus Curl & Shine ShampooCoconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine ConditionerCoconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk.  Best decision I ever made! After buying so many different products, I have found the one that truly works wonders on my hair. 

I shampoo, condition, and towel dry my hair. I then part it in about eight sections and message through each section with a dime size amount of the Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk. Depending if I'm running late somewhere or if I have a little more extra time I will bring out the blow dryer. I don't apply direct heat, just enough to dry my hair and give it a little volume. I feel it gives my curls great definition and shine.  No dry, ashy or crunchy curls,  just nice soft healthy ones.  


I also bought their Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow & Restore Treatment Masque  and Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow & Restore Leave-In Conditioner  which I use when I straighten my hair. It also works wonders! I hope this encourages one of you ladies to try Shea Moisture and too  get amazing results!

(Ulta Beauty  is currently having a sale, buy one and get one half off. I made sure to stock up! You know I love me a sale!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love Affairs With Flats...

Oh my love affair with flat… started around 2003. See somehow I stepped on a toothpick, yes I said a stupid toothpick! It was the summer before my junior year of high school and I had come home from my summer job. I took off my shoes and walked into the living room, where we had a thick shaggy rug. Somehow there was a toothpick and I steeped on it. We didn’t even have toothpicks at home! To make a long story short, the following morning I ended in the hospital and it was like I never left. I had six  surgeries  between that July and April 2003. So clearly high heels have near been my thing. Though I think they are absolutely beautiful and wish I could walk at least to the car in them.  So I began my love affair with flats, always looking for comfortable and fabulous ones to make my outfits. Check out a few I am hoping to add to my collection this fall! Ballerina Flats with Gems (Zara) $ 59.90  Leather Ballet Flats with Blow (Zara) $ 59.90  Printed  Leather Slippers (Zara

New York Fashion Week Plus (NYFW+) Breaks Down The Barriers!

I had the great pleasure of assisting the talented Brandee Joyner and the ManikMag team as they made history with New York Fashion Week Plus (NYFW+) ! And let me tell you that history was definitely made with a week of astonishing fashion presentations from eight phenomenal designers. The collections from  Oseas Villatoro , Danielle Ferguson , Harvest Powell ,  Eula Taylaor ,  Ava Jones , Marco Hall ,   Phoenyx  Reign , and  Tatiana Castro  were full of bold color, prints, and textiles! Giving life to plus-size fashion! Hope and Harvest (Harvest Powell) Dreams By Danielle (Danielle Ferguson) Studio (Oseas Villatoro) Photographer: ShotByJason Twelve26 (Eula  Tayalor ) Pheline Design (Ava Jones)       Marc Hall NYFW+  broke barriers and created a platform for plus-size women and designers. All during one of the most iconic weeks in fashion, New York Fashion Week! Breaking down the door, setting the standards high and making it very clear that plu

Rules of Styling You Must Never Forget!

'Fashions fade, style is eternal.' - Yves Saint Laurent Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/542820/the-40-best-style-quotes-of-all-time.html#SYrae4BgEz4L73EZ.99 I had the great pleasure of styling the  award-winning activist, choreographer, and writer,   Mark Travis Rivera ,  for the opening night of  the 4th Annual Six Degrees of Separation: Balance vs. Chaos showcase at  The Actors Fund Arts Center !   When it comes to styling,  whether  someone like the talented Mark Travis Rivera, a friend, or your fabulous self, it's important to keep three rules in mind.  One, style is totally personal! There is no right or wrong, so step out the box and go with what makes you feel good.  Two, accessories are everything! I mean what better way to give your outfit life then with a signature necklace, bag or why not just both?! Three and most important of all, don't forget to wear your  confidence!  It's truly what sets you apart from the rest.